When Spring starts to blossom and the snow gently melts away:
There’s plenty of outdoor sporting activities to do in Abondance.
On the Plaine d’Offaz play football, basketball and other ball sports.
This wall, regularly visited by Pelegrine falcons (a protected species), is accessible to children over the height of 1.40m.
3 sections: the 2nd and 3rd sections are reserved to expert via ferratists/rock climbers or if supervised by an expert.
Some sections may be closed from 15/3 to 10/7 (contact Abondance Tourist Office for more details).
Equipment for rent in the local sports shops.
Saix de Miolène Via ferrata in Richebourg
(on the RD22, between Abondance and La Chapelle)
▪ Rafting: 6-8 pers. in an inflatable boat
▪ Cano-raft & Hot-dog: small inflatable boat (2 pers.)
▪ Hydrospeed: swim down the rapids with a streamlined float and fins
▪ Canyoning: descending waterfalls using mountaineering techniques
Tel.: +33 (0)4 50 71 89 15
Tel.: +33 (0)6 65 70 11 76
Guides from the bureau de la montagne de la Vallée d’Abondance swap their snowshoes for hiking boots and offer a full programme of daily excursions.
Registration: +33 (0)6 52 55 07 74
Horse and Pony Treks
The Ranch des Portes du Soleil offer treks on horses and ponies from one hour to a full day.
More information: +33 (0)6 08 18 78 54
Rock climbing and high mountain
The Vallée d’Abondance guides offer climbing schools, hikes, etc.
Topo guide Chablais Grimpe:
On sale at the Abondance Tourist Office
More info: http://www.chablais-grimpe.com/
Main rock climbing sites:
▪ Le Mont Chauffé (Abondance)
▪ Le Mont Brion (Abondance)
▪ Les Cornettes de Bise (La Chapelle d’Abondance)